|Ruins along the Thai-Cambodian border|
- Zadie Smith's new book is called The Embassy of Cambodia. Not quite sure what it has to do with Cambodia yet.It's about badminton, according to The Independent.
- Next year there will be a 42 kilometre marathon around Angkor Wat. I have ambivalent feelings about this. Call me a killjoy, but I don't think it's a very sensitive use of what is a sacred site. What next? Weight-lifting championships in St. Paul's Cathedral? Judo in the Duomo? Still awaiting royal approval, according to the Phnom Penh Post.
- Hard questions being asked about the Khmer Rouge Tribunal.
- The Asian Human Rights Commission says the lack of human rights in Cambodia is the West's fault.
- A nice diary account of a trip to Angkor Wat. And another very brief, and wonderfully personal, account of a 3 day trip.
- There's a magic boy healing people in Cambodia, and the Gulf Times says he is blessing hundreds of people a day.
- Cambodians are famously unwilling to talk about sex.
- Noozhawk brings us a lovely story about an exhibition of photographs taken by Cambodian orphans.
- The whole Malaysian Cambodian maids thing seems to have been fixed up, at last.
If you want to know more about Cambodia I am giving a talk about my new book, Destination Cambodia, on Saturday November 16 at Katoomba Library. It is a free event, starting 2pm, and I would love to see you there.